Our trip map...

Monday, November 3, 2008

A guided tour in the UN

Ronen was waiting for us today to show us around the UN building. He started off by putting on a tie with a little help from a colleague (doesn't it look like Clinton and Rabin back in the day?)
Explaining about the UN goals and achievements
Misha's new position in the Security Council chamber
Adi is listening to an imaginary simultaneous interpretation in the General Assembly hall
Finally we had lunch at their dining room. The food was ok, I bet the food in the kibbutz is way better(-:
The visit was very interesting and we learned a lot about the UN organization and functions. Having Ronen as our guide was a real treat and we felt sort of VIP for a moment.

Tomorrow is election day. Propaganda is all around the streets, the media is overloaded with Barack and McCain. In this part of the US it seems like Obama is the favorite candidate and we hear many Americans saying that if McCain gets elected they'll consider moving out of the US. Let's see what happens tomorrow...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in the group that will move out as well.....I wonder if I could get an Irish passport since my great-grandparents were from Ireland. Hmmmmmm - drown my sorrows in Guiness. :-)

Augusta en Hedzer en kids said...

I guess the Chinese think it is safe again to read your blog....we coudn`t open it for about a week....it felt so disconnected .....
Aviv I love your shirt!
Guys you`re having a wonderful time with all the family around in the big apple! Foster the homy feelings!! How great to visit the UN! This is much better education than any school can offer:-)And you were witnesses of a turning point in history with the new president elected..... wow, what a victory:-) Cathy I am glad for you that you can stay, I don`t know what is worse, weatherwise, Iowa or Ireland....Sorry, Dagan, except for the Guinness.....
I am glad I am with you again, bye for now, Augusta