Our trip map...

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eugene - The City of Breweries

As Marc (my west-coast guru) wrote in our to-do-map back in Porto Alegre, "Eugene is the city of the micro breweries" (and "fantastic hamburgers" he wrote...). well... we didn't check the hamburgers but I did check the beer!
I visited two brewery pubs - Rogue - Eugene City Brewery ("dedicated to the rogue in each of us" as they say) and McMenamins (North Bank pub).
Saturday afternoon. I left my family in the RV (having lunch or something) in city center parking lot and crossed the street to Eugene City Brewery. The bar is equipped with at least 20 different kind of Rogue/City Brewery draft bears (most of them Ale).
After giving some information about my preferences (in beer), the kind bar-woman started to pour samples... i think I had about 10 of these when I decided to politely stop her (I still have to drive a 28 feet RV in the city), to pack some bottles and go back home to my beloved family. The best for me was the 100 meter Ale - try it if you are in the neighborhood.

Later on the same day, after experiencing an alcohol drop in my blood, we went (all of us this time) to the North Bank to have few samples on the bar and one pint of "Terminator Stout". Just in case, I took one strong IPA to go for later on.

Life is too short. I will have to come back to Eugene for longer visit next time. Anyone to join me?

Dagan

7 comments:

Storbrua said...

Hey Dafi!
We had our first lunch again today. Missed you!
Too many americans.............(John Deere) The European group is getting really small! Marianne, Gitte and me!
Best wishes from Cathrine minus 8 !!

Storbrua said...

And by the way - thank you for all the nice bottles you left us!! We will take good care of them until you come back next year :-))

Dafi said...

Oh... don't tell me about lunches and all that, it's too painful to miss it! Hope the bottles go along well with your diet. I thought about you when we saw 2 more snakes this week(-: ,miss you a lot!!!

Unknown said...

Okay.....is this the way you girls thought of ME too? :-) Too many Americans. Hmmmmm. Nice bottles - and will you be bringing them to Tahoe for Dafi's birthday celebration?

Storbrua said...

Just kidding! I love Americans AND bottles!! And NO - I will not bring them - I think it is easier to buy new ones over there :-)

Jennifer Licko said...

Gitte directed me to the blog and I'm loving it. What a great experience your family is having...just stay away from those John Deere americans! ha!!! Since I'm not a john deere wife yet, I don't think Cathrine meant me! ha ha!
Anyway Dafi, we have missed seeing you and wish you the best!
jen

Dagan said...

Hi Jen, good to see your smiling face! Hope all is going well with your wedding plans. I wish I could magically pop back to POA on Tuesdays.