Our trip map...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Oregon Coast Aquarium and beach

Today was gray and all the pics are grayish! We visited an aquarium in the morning. It was too dark to take pictures inside. Outside they have a small bird area with some interesting seabirds, like this Puffin and a penguin-like bird called Murre.




A cute Puffin swimming


After that we stopped by the beach which was gray, cold and foggy, but it's never too cold for Adi who succeeded to get all wet and even enjoyed it. There were loads of seagulls, pelicans and sea lions.

Foggy beach
We're parking tonight very close to Portland and tomorrow morning we'll go there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Has anyone told you that the Oregon Coast is almost always cold and gray? :-) It is....but I LOVE that! Seeing the pictures makes me a little "homesick". I hope you like Portland - it can be a really fun town as well - lots of good bars with live music.....but I was there B.C. (before children). I hope Stumptown isn't too hard for you to find and Dagan can have a real coffee! If you are heading toward Seattle I will get Jim to write some "must sees" when he gets home on Saturday from POA.

Dagan said...

Well, no one mentioned it before(-: We entered Portland with the rv, huge mistake. No parking for big monsters like us so we continued to Columbia river. The little we saw, Portland seemed neat.
It would be great to get tips from Jim! I want to be in POA so much myself.

Unknown said...

The Columbia River Gorge is absolutely beautiful! A must see....too bad about Portland but you're right - I didn't even think about the parking situation! It's tough even with a small car! The farther up you go, the more beautiful it gets....but I hope there isn't too much rain when you get to Seattle. Jim will be home Saturday (I wish I were in POA as well) to give his "must see or do" list.